Re: Teaching Speakup how to pronounce characters

Zachary Kline <zkline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I’m wondering how I can teach Speakup to pronounce certain characters
> a specific way? Some Linux games I would like to play use characters
> from IBM CodePage 437,

Hi Zack,
Well, Speakup doesn't play nicely with the Unicode characters outside of
the range [0, 255].  I don't think you can
get it to pronounce these at all, since I'm pretty sure that most of the
characters you're interested in are well outside of that range.
Sorry for the not-so-helpful answer.

-- Chris