re: about to release new version of espeakup

I found out what the problem is finally. The talkingarchlinux uses espeakup-ng-git and espeak-ng-git to generate speech. Though espeakup is available in talkingarchlinux it is not possible to find espeak on the archlinux repositories at least for now. This wouldn't appear to be all that much of a difficulty at first except that pulseaudio is so far as I can tell mentioned nowhere in the source code nor files generated by ./autogen.sh or ./configure. This means espeak-ng-git and espeakup-ng-git are strictly alsa packages. I could be going right past something and not notice that it's pulseaudio connected stuff, but I don't think so in this case.