Re: Help with serial synths in 4.X kernels

First, 4.3 is considered stable which is why I picked it. We're already up to 4.3.3 which fixes bugs in earlier 4.3.X releases. Second, I'm not sure which patch you mean, but if you're referring to John's patch on his build instructions page which modifies serialio.c, yes, I applied it first to the vanilla sources and it locked up the machine. I didn't apply it after backporting the latest Speakup source from the staging tree because I didn't think it was necessary. I think some of Samuel's patches didn't get accepted, thus leaving serial synth support still broken.