Re: A little OT: Installing LightDm

mike <mmstopka28@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Did you get Speakup to work if so what did you do?

You have to compile speakup as modules during kernel config. It's under drivers/staging
# Speakup console speech
#
CONFIG_SPEAKUP=m
And so on.
Then you have to put the modules in /etc/sysconfig/modules
speakup
speakup_soft
I don't use espeakup. I copied my voxin libs from debian into the corresponding locations on my LFS system. Haven't gotten around to installing things like speech-dispatcher yet.