Re: mail server setup

Are you askin if you can keep spamassassin from adding the huge spam report header? Or are you asking if you can keep it from rewriting the subject line? Eitherway, those are spamassassin configuration settings, not postfix or exim.

In the debian postfix package, the local.cf file for spamassassin comes with default settings for both rewriting the subject line and omitting the spam report header. There are comments in the file to explain what they do. Mine are like this:

# Comment out this line to make spamassassin leave subject line alone
# rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
# Don't mime attach the original message -- just leave it alone.
# change to 1 for the old behavior
report_safe 0
# omit the huge spam report header
#remove_header spam Report