Re: Announcing 32-bit test live CD

Until the patch to linux kernels made up stream that blocks all hardware speech synthesizers is reverted or that patch gets reverted locally no hardware speech synthesizer is useable with linux kernels. This topic was covered earlier on this list too.

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015, Tom Fowle wrote:

Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 00:22:55
From: Tom Fowle <wa6ivgtf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux. <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Announcing 32-bit test live CD

tony,
second try at this image: my file date for the livetest32.iso is dec 4 18:37
Hope that indicates this is the latest upload.

Came up at prompt with speakup running.
Brltty -d al
for the alva ran the program but didn't find the display.

The sequence to remove espeakup etc and boot speakup_dtlk did the same as
before,
speakup_dtlk,not found.

Sorry, I understand it's not possible for you to test systems you don't
have.

Is there anything usefull I could do with the livetest32 running espeak?

thanks
Tom Fowle