Re: command line scanned pdf to text

cuneiform is IMHO a better OCR engine than tesseract.
It is available as a package under ubuntu.
Regards, Willem

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I am sure tiff is supported. It is really strange. I get what look like words and what I get is the same every time I do a scan of the same image but they are nonsense. I even tried adding the designation for English thinking somehow it wasn't using English but got the same results. I know the image file is okay because it comes out fine using ABBY FineReader Express on my Mac.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart