Re: Another silent key

Well Kirk-and-All, this has been the unfortunate news I have been dredding for quite some time.
Times I asked him if I would learn of his passing on this list, he wasn't sure?
I certainly spoke with Bill on his May 25 Birthday, maybe once afterward. I knew Bill from 1979 when I began working at a phone company. Both of us were in close touch over our carreers-and-methods of making telephony better. We shared many `happy hours discussing Radio-and-other mutual enjoyments. In September 2003 Bill was quite instramental in my first Linux installation, once there were decTalk drivers in Speakup. He anxiously kept asking why I was staying in windows at all? I told him about DecTalk challenges, as well as OCR with OpenBook in windows were smoother. In 2006 Bill was on the phone live when we completely nuked windows. Once I switched to Debian, he hardly had a need to login-and-support me, but still earlier this year, I asked him about WB, he had no problem installing or useing it. Certainly Bill `loved the phone, but he also took lots of pride helping a Linux/Unix user, live by phone. Anyway, a tremendus amount of knowledge and experiences left with Bill last evening.
I will attempt to phone his Wife-and-offer my condollances
There will hardly ever again be some1 like Bill. Thanks for listening.
Hart