Re: Debian upgrade to Jessie

Replies inline below.

On 7/31/2015 8:55 PM, Tom Fowle wrote:
Has anybody yet got round to upgrading Debian from Wheezie to Jessie while
using speakup and a hardware synth E.G. doubletalk PC?

Yes, I have upgraded my desktop machine. Actually I was still running a Lenny, Squeeze and Wheezy hybrid, meaning I had packages from all three releases. They are now all updated to Jessie or testing.

If so were there any problems? Does jessie come up talking after the
upgrade?

No, everything works fine. I should say here that I'm still using kernel 2.6.32 though. I purposely didn't upgrade my kernel because I didn't want to lose hardware speech. If you keep an old kernel, put a hold on the udev package and don't switch to systemd.