RE: My Ranger preferences

Well Jude, when Pine sent me to his link, it was already displaying as essentially text, but when I used the Pine save menu, it displayed the name with an ending .tar. And yes, I know occasionally you must type "d" to correctly grab something, but in this case I don't know if that would have worked? Sure, I suppose if I knew there were going to be issues, I would have cut-and-pasted in to wget. Thanks all of you for your ideas.
Hart