Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:15:33
From: Tom Fowle <wa6ivgtf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
<speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: command line file managers (simple)

Hi Janina,
Good to knnow someone with your experience is also still looking.

I often just use
rm -i *.*
for file-by-file keep or delete.

Seems to me should be possible to build something in a shell script that
would do much of what we need.
I'll mess with that.

thanks
Tom

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 06:40:56PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
Hi, Tom:

I regret I don't have a good anwer for you. In fact, I have the same
need and have never satisfied it.

I never used "New Sweep." My nostaliga is for the "select copy," "select
delete," and "select move" commands built into the old 4DOS shell. Those
were the days.

Probably the best console level solution is via Emacspeak, which I don't
use enough to make that my solution.

I do sometimes use lynx on a directory. It doesn't do everything I used
to do in 4DOS, but it does let me look at the directory listing, one at
a time, and decide to keep or delete.

Janina

Tom Fowle writes:
> O.K. folks, laughter is encouraged, but---
> Is there a truly simple command line file manager? that works well with
> speakup?
> > Tried MC and suppose I could learn it but it still does too much.
> Now for the laughs?
> Does anybody remember the old dos program
> "new sweep?"
> Tried to install edbrowse and no luck on debian Wheezie
> Thanks
> tom

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
		Email:	janina@xxxxxxxxxxx

Linux Foundation Fellow

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.