Re: Looking for accessible web host and domain registration

I haven't used it, but on archlinux there's a package called ddclient that may help. The documentation for that package has an exhaustive list of domain registrars in it. The ddclient package is run on command line too.

On Sun, 10 May 2015, Tony Baechler wrote:

Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 03:25:27
From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux. <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Looking for accessible web host and domain registration

Hi all,

The subject summarizes my question.  Is there such a thing as a web host or
domain registrar which actually works with Lynx or some other text browser?
My current domain registrar isn't particularly easy to use even with
Firefox and I thought it would be nice to actually be able to manage my
domains from the console.  I don't suppose there is such a thing as command
line domain registration and web hosting?  I know about Amazon, but I am
looking for something that just works without a lot of hassle.  Amazon is a
bit bigger than I like and has a complicated pricing structure.  What do you
use for your web hosting and domain registrations?  Yes, I can set up my own
server from scratch, but again, that's a lot of effort to go through just
for a basic web hosting account.  I would be interested in your thoughts on
this.  Thanks very much.