A few questions

Hello list.
I'm running speakup 3.1.6 on ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.13.0-39-generic 64-bit and have noticed a few problems and am wondering if anyone has incountered the same problems or have any solutions. First, when trying to run speakup with my artic transport (an external serial synthesizer) the speakup_txprt module loads but logs something like an error -16 when trying to take over the serial ports and there's no output to the synthesizer. Trying to do anything with speakup after that usually results in a kernel oops. When googling for information about this problem I've come accross references to the serial support in speakup being broken, is this still the case? Are there any work arounds for this problem? When I get speakup running using the softsynth module, I've noticed a couple other problems. The goto command doesn't seem to function propperly. Whatever values I enter for x or y always result in the speakup cursor being moved to the bottom right corner of the screen and saying "blank". Is this a known problem? Assuming the goto command can be made to work propperly is it possible to map a key to go to a specific line? I'd like to map various single keys to go to specific lines on the screen. The bleep_time setting seems to have no effect. I assume this is supposed to adjust the length of beeps made by speakup but no matter what value I use the beeps don't get any longer. If anything they get shorter. Has anyone else noticed this? Is speakup still being maintained and developed? The sources that come with ubuntu 14.04 seem to be from 2010.