Re: stuck shiftlock?

If speakup has a separate laptop and desktop layout, this is news to
me. You have always been able to use capslock as the speakup key on a
desktop keyboard.

To release capslock, hold down either your left or right shift key,
and press capslock at the same time. This is how you toggle capslock
state with speakup loaded.

Greg

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 07:45:32PM -0700, Tom Fowle wrote:
> Hi all,
> Running speakup on Debian Wheezie with a doubletalk on an old asus
> machine.
> Occasionally when I accidentally hit shiftlock, it sticks in lock and
> nothing I know to do releases it short of reboot.
> Logout and re-login has no effect.
>
> This happened on an older PS2 keyboard and on this new USB keyboard.
>
> I should be using the speakup desktop configuration not the laptop
> setup, so
> shiftlock should not be bothered by speakup?
> Or is there something in Debian defaults I need to correct?
> If it's not speakup, any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
>   Tom Fowle
>   wa6ivgtf@xxxxxxxxxxx