the direction of speakup

Well Mike, I would love to try YASR, but some years ago its author could not
get it running with my DecTalk.  Seemingly another option would be Jupitor, but
its not a traditional screen-reader.
Thanks for explaining the differences.  And ofCourse I asked NVDA if they would
consider a Linux version?  I certainly wish they would.
Hart