getting speakup running on Fedora 17 Beta

Hello. I'm testing out the Fedora 17 beta on my box, and I'm wondering
how to get speakup running on it. I've downloaded and built espeak
from github so far. Not sure what to do next, as modprobe speakup_soft
throws a fatal error saying module speakup_soft not found.
Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Hussain Jasim