speakup and the backtrack 5 linux distro

Hello,

I am working with the folks from offensivesecurity to get their backtrack5 penetration and network security linux distro to be accessible.

So far I have incorporated brltty 4.2 and as of this afternoon I got speakup working with it as well.

The backtrack5 distro is based on ubuntu 10.4 (lucid), but boots to the console.

I have installed gnome-orca onto my virtual machine as well, but I need to know how do I get speakup to release pulseaudio and speech-dispatcher to orca and vice versa?

Also are there any plans on making speakup work with other software tts engines like the svox pico synthesizer?