calling lvm experts

Hi all.

I wasn't thinking straight, and over allocated space on one of my
volume groups using lvm2. Running vgdisplay for this volume group
shows:

--- Volume group ---
  VG Name               vgcrypt1
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  14
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                4
  Open LV               1
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               61.00 GiB
  PE Size               4.00 MiB
  Total PE              15615
  Alloc PE / Size       8061 / 31.49 GiB
  Free  PE / Size       7554 / 29.51 GiB
  VG UUID               ZT4MX0-HiN0-PiHF-Ig89-hzFq-HigY-j1KVKj

When I do either vgchange -s 32g /dev/vgcrypt1, or vgchange -s 32767m
/dev/vgcrypt1, I get:

New extent size is not a perfect fit
  Run `vgchange --help' for more information.

I ran vgchange --help like it suggests, but didn't see anything there
pertaining to this, same for the vgchange(8) and lvm(8) man pages.

The used space is a bit over 31g, and I want to shrink it to 32g in
size, what the heck? I googled that message, but got more questions
along the same lines, and no answers.

Does anyone know why it's not a perfect fit, and more important, how I
can shrink the volume group? Thanks in advance.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1