software synthesizers for linux speech

hi:

I'm looking for a decent software synthesizer for using with Linux speech.
 So thought I would write the group and ask what's all available and what
folks recommend and where to get them.  don't mind purchasing it if the
quality and responsiveness is decent.

Thanks for your recommendations.

I use speakup as well as orca with ubuntu as well as another linux os
called samurai.

thanks and have a good day everyone.

Shan Noyes
S.C.S.A 7, S.C.S.A 8, GCIH, GAWN, GSIP, GGSC-0200, GHTQ
Technical Analyst - Corporate Security
SaskTel
Phone: 306-777-4830, Cell: 306-533-1440

NOTICE:  This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended
recipients.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is
strictly prohibited.  In such case, please destroy this message and notify
the sender.