espeakup and sound cards?

Well in that case, that explains why my onboard card doesn't start muted
on live CD's and talking installers. The ATI onboard audio I currently
have is using several hda modules including snd_hda_codec_realtech and
snd_hda_intel. Apparently, this is what has been tested, and so it works
as expected. As for sound quality, I seem to get similar playback
quality from both devices. I need to test recording quality, but I think
this new ATI device is at least as good as the old soundblaster that
I've had for about 5 years, and it appears to have more output channels.
~Kyle