brltty python bindings

This is a bit off topic, but I'm trying to get a braille display running with Orca screen reader.

The build of brltty makes the python bindings for brlapi, but they don't work.

Executing the command:
$ python -c "import brlapi"
comes back with the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (PyInit_brlapi)

I'll send this along to the brltty list but thought I'd start here.

Chris