vinux and speakup

Hello,
How does vinux encorporate speakup?  I think he uses pulse audio.

Also, if we could specify the soundcard to use with espeakup, most of
the problems would be solved.  Use your onboard card for speakup and
another card for the rest of your audio apps.

Some if this is pure speculation on my part, but it seems like such an
approach would work.

Chris