Setting text console dimensions via Grub2

Hi.  You didn't say what distro you are running.
According to the things I've read about grub2 on google, configuring it
is distro specific.
I run Debian.  You don't edit any file in /boot/grub because Debian's update-grub
will create the grub.cfg file over when it's run.
Instead, you edit /etc/default/grub and run update-grub as root.
The 2.6.32-4 kernel on Debian Sid had a problem where it didn't swithc console modes.
The problem was fixed with the update to 2.6.32-5.

          Kenny