synthasizers

Janina Sajka napsal(a):
> You have two choices for software speech with Speakup:
> 1.)	You can buy TTSynth for $40 U.S. and build its speakup-connector
> 	This is probably the easiest way to get from here to there.

Is it? I thought there are problems with dependency
on a very old version of libstdc++ and there is no 64bit
version and no sourcecode so that one is able to fix
the previous two. If there has been some progress on these
issues lately, I'd be very happy to hear about them, as I'd
need to install ttsynth myself to be able to improve the
Speech Dispatcher output module.
> 2.)	You can use speech-dispatcher and speechd_up with two free
> voices and several for pay voices. The free voices are espeak and flite
> and are both available as rpms. More information on this approach at:

Well, Festival is the most important one and now includes
support for several languages.  I believe it is also available
as rpm.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke