slackware 12.0

slackware 12 automatically copies the speakup.s kernel when you boot
with it so there's no need for any extra work.
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at
04:48:04PM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> What may work for that version for speakup install is to install only
> packages that come off of disc1 then use dd -if /kernel/speakup.s -of
> /boot/vmlinuz.  The setup script doesn't ask which kernel to install and
> probably forcibly installs the boot kernel if any even though speakup.s is
> used to do the install.  I tried a full installation and never got disc2
> out to replace it with disc1 so tried this alternate approach this
> afternoon.  I'll try it again and do the last dd -if step and see if I can
> get me something that works.  Real hairy this time.

I forgot to mention an important fact in the 1.3.67 announcement. In order to
get a fully working kernel, you have to follow the steps below:
 - Walk around your computer widdershins 3 times, chanting "Linus is
   overworked, and he makes lousy patches, but we love him anyway". Get
   your spuouse to do this too for extra effect.  Children are optional.
 - Apply the patch included in this mail
 - Call your system "Super-67", and don't forget to unapply the patch
   before you later applying the official 1.3.68 patch.
 - reboot
	-- Linus Torvalds, announcing another kernel patch