text console tools for audio processing

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Janina Sajka wrote:

> I don't believe there's any real time control of audio playback or
> bookmark capibility. Might be nice, but not there. However, I have found

No bookmarks, but mplayer's text version can do the former well enough
(it's an unresponsive beast some times, but it does the job).

> it quite easy to home in on a particular region of audio in Wedit using
> it's play from percantage to percentage feature. For instance, on
> Wedit's third level I might issue a command like:
>
> play 20-40
>
> which plays from 20% to 40% in the file. When I'm snipping unwanted
> sound, I might even go to something as fine as:
>
> snip 0-0.7892

That will be a very interesting feature for me in particular, although
doing it by percentage instead of by seconds and divisions of seconds,
such as "sox file1.wav file2.wav trim 17:05.5218 2.1143" would be a bit
strange, although I suspect it can work in that mode as well, as he's
probably just invoking sox to do the actual editing.

Luke