Slackware 11 aliases, anyone?

Steve Holmes wrote:
> Like Chuck said, use .profile; that's what I do.  Not sure about
> .bashrc; I've heard of it but never make use of it.

     I've always used ~/.bashrc because it was less global in nature.  I
had my user profile and my admin profile, and didn't mix the two.  It
was already set up that way in Debian, and I liked it.  Sometimes it was
a hassle, but it kept me on the straight and narrow for security
purposes.  I'd rather move things to /etc/skel and not interfere with
how others might want to do things.  The global settings are doing that
to me now, forcing me to keep aliases I don't want. <laughs>  Thank you
for the info.

        Michael