gentoo dropping speakup support

Travis Siegel wrote:
> Doug.
> Your suggestion of having a small installation on the machine is a
> good one, and it probably would work.

     I second the motion.  I'm about to get a LiteTalk here this week
and and install Slackware.  An extra 7 to 10 Gig dual-boot partition is
a darned good one.  I was planning on running a dual-boot setup to the
same kernal, hopefully using the append command in lilo to boot
different runlevels.  Have a coupleset aside for emergency boots to
software synth emulation in one runlevel, etc...if lilo supports it.
Having an emergency diagnostic partition is even better.  Thanks Doug.

         Michael