Seeing Videos in Linux?

Videos show properly for me using mplayer in many formats
including windows media (you need to install the large
package of codecs, I compiled my mplayer from source),
xine, gxine, and noatun work fine for mpeg video (these were
in my distro), realplayer  works for realvideo (download from
real.com),  adobe flash player works in firefox and opera for
flash video (download from adobe, manually copied files to
plugin directories of both browsers).