Greetings from Ubuntu

Scott Ford wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I attempted to run the live cd on a toshiba a55 notbook.  I could
> not get ubuntu to boot up.  Would you know how to get it to boot?

Sorry, I don't know what the problem might be with that particular
machine. I don't see it in this list of tested Toshiba laptops:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportMachinesLaptopsToshiba

Laptops sometimes have ACPI problems. You might try booting with
*acpi*=off added to the boot parameter list (pressing F6 at initial boot
screen).

You'll probably more precise advice on the ubuntu user mailing list or
in the forums.

Henrik