festival with speech-dispatcher

I got a simelar message reasently when I upgraded packages under Debian.
It has to do with the access-list.  I had to change a line that said:
localhost
to localhost.localdom
Or something along those lines.
You can also run a test from the speech-dispatcher's src/tests directory.
I think it is ./run-test basic.test
That test your speech-dispatcher without you having to use speechd_up to
test it with.
HTH, Willem