lynx the chain question

What can be done to clear the ssl error can't find common name in
certificate using lynx the chain?  This happens with ssl site login even
when I have a valid account on the systems I'm attempting to access.
shellworld.net uses lynx the chain and doesn't have this problem so I'm
figuring I haven't yet got lynx on my local system completely configured
just yet.