[getting a more up to date kernel for debian]

Hi, one thing that would make the kernel configuration process easier is
if it could probe your system or use proc or sys to find out what you
have.  It is already in your system so why can't the developers make it
do some probing, there could always be ways to configure things if it
gets things wrong.  When you compiled your own kernel what process did
you use to find out what the latest kernel headers are so I can get the
latest supported debian headers and then download the source to go with
it?  Why don't they update the speakup kernel when a new debian kernel
is released or just include speakup in the main debian version?On Tue, 22