which are the "power-up" messages?

Hi all,

As I am preparing to turn in my last UNIX lab (on system administration), one of the required tasks is to used the dmesg command to see the "power-up" messages for the system.
That command produces a very long list of messages, and I don't know which ones are the "power-up" for the system.
What should I look for in particular amongst those in the long list?
And what are those "power-up" messages anyway?

Many thanks in advance!
Ned