re-setting the defaults

I am wondering how I can re-set the defaults with a program like proftpd.  I
would like to go through the same set of setup questions that I had
initially, as I was not quite to using the speakup keys, and I think I made
some choices that I would like to change, and in reading the conf file, I am
not sure of the changes.
So, can I delete the proftpd.conf file, and run
dselect install proftpd
and get the choices again?
Thanks.
Glenn