Setting Dectalk USB to Factory Defaults

I don't know of any way of resetting the Dectalk USB.  Is it still
recognized by Windows?  If so, I'd try reinstalling the firmware and
language modules.  I can't imagine how Gnopernicus could have trashed the
firmware, but I'd leave the switch set to serial mode unless you were
actually using it in native USB mode or updating the firmware.