OT: Accessibile sound editors for linux?

Hi there, I'm currently playing around with Ecasound, which, imho is a very nice program.
However, it doesn't seem to allow editing of the file (i.e, copy/paste/etc). Is there an accessible tool that can do this?
I'm thinking of snd, but if there's something else, I'd be glad to be pointed in the right direction.

thanks,
Arthur.