Speakup_decpc locks system with new kernel

Hi folks,

I have fedora 3 installed and I downloaded the new 2.6.11 kernel and
compiled it with the speakup stuff in it and it compiled correctly but
whenever I try to start speakup via the command 'modprobe speakup_decpc'
which is what I did with the old (speakup modified) kernel it locks the
session (or startup script.)

Anyone tried to compile SPEAKUP into the new kernel 2.6.11 yet? Is there a
.config file for the 2.10 kernel that is included with the speakup modified
version that I could get?

Thanks
Scott