Linux and data storage?

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Exactly why I'm on Sinna's case about this. He's clouded and confused
> things.

Agreed that the suggestion was not directly useful to the current
situation, but I still don't believe it was suggesting use of Windows.
His "if I may suggest", I took to refer to the last line, "might there be
a linux solution similar to this?", not to the middle section of
explanatory text, describing what he wanted a Linux solution for.
(paraphrasing)