speech dispatcher and dotconf libs

Hi, I am working on getting software speech.  I installed the dotconf libs, I downloaded them from azzit.de/dotconf website thats thd url given in speech dispatcher.  I installed them the standard way, ./configure ; make ; make install.  that went great, then I went to configure speech dispatcher, it compiled correctly.  when I went to run it, I couldn't get it to run, so I give speech-dispatcher the -s option for running in single mode, and I saw it couldn't find the dogconf libs, any ideas?  thanks