Off topic: can't burn audio disks anymore.

Hi all.  Has anything changed in latest fc2 kernels with regard to how
cdrecord operates??  I can no longer burn proper audio disks.  They come
out as garbage data noise, like a video game.  This is happening on the
office box,  and ***now on our install from scratch homebox, pentium 4/3 1
gig memory.  Data disks burn fine.  And oops. I forgot I posted something
bout this not too long ago.  Sorry bout that.  Just that it happens on
both boxes now.  I've tried making sure all options are there, speed dao
audio.  The office box burns the garbage disk, showing the correct sectors
size of the files.  The new homebox burns the garbage data noise, but does
***not seem to show the track file size as correct.  It is a very small
number size on the homebox.  Are there other options that it needs?  If
you re rip the garbage from the disk, there's no complaint from
cdparanoia.  Could there be some alsa oss conflict??  I was gonna burn
stuff that I would have done at work on the homebox, but no go.  Hope to
fix this asap.  Thanks much.