System-config-soundcard

Hi, Kenneth:

You might just want to upgrade to the latest release of yum first. Do
something like:

yum upgrade yum

You'll know your in the version that has a separate file for each
repository (the one based in XML syntax) if you see a directory called
/etc/yum.repos.d

PS: Be sure to edit the main configuration file, /etc/yum.conf, and add
an exclusion for the kernel--or one day Speakup will simply stop
speaking, and you'll be wondering what happened. A line something like:

exclude=kernel kernel-smp kernel-doc

in the header of yum.conf should do the trick.