earliest possible software speech at boot?

Hello everyone:
I have been playing with the software speech thing, but I need some ideas about how to start software speech earlier in
the boot process.
Right now, I can start software speech as one of the first services in the runlevel, but I like to be able to do it
before the partition checking, so that if there are problems, they can be resolved.  I am not sure how to approach this
problem, because I don't even know where to begin...  These are some of my questions:

1. Can I run any scripts and/or programs before the runlevel (rc3.d) stuff begins excecution?  Also, how early on?
2.  If so, would I have to mount a RAM disk or something to provide the files I need?
3. If not, what possibilities are there for modifying the FC2 setup for allowing something like this?
4. If you know of a source in the net that might have some info about this, can you point me there?

I tried google, but my searches were not returning anything usefull...

As of now, I have compiled support for my sound card in my kernel so that sound is available right away.  So, this part
should be covered...

Thanx!

David B.