limitation on messages

Hi Folks!
is their any limitation on messages that a user can post in this mailing list?Because I got my E-mail bounzed back at me
"Your mail to 'Speakup' with the subject

    new User

The reason it is being held:

    Message body is too big: 5549 bytes with a limit of 5 KB"
I am a new user and I want to ask listers some questions!