writing spk howto (?)

Thomas Stivers writes:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 04:39:31 PM -0500, David Bruzos wrote:
> Janina Sajka has put together an altogether more useful howto for
> speakup and fedora the address for which I can not remember.

Thanks, Thomas, for this commendation. The HOWTO is at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

Hmmm, maybe I should talk to kirk about registering a simpler address.

> > Oh, I am also a Linux newbey, so I might ask
> > simple questions sometimes...
>
> I love simple questions, they're the ones that are easy to answer

One problem with HOWTO documents is that experience is not always a good
thing. Of course, you have to get the facts right, and you can't fudge
(too much) on that. But, experienced users often forget the most basic
things, and these are absolutely essential if a HOWTO is to be useful,
especially to other newbies.

Of course, I hope you will leave the common things, such as how to
uncompress a .tar.gz file, to the countless other docs that have
explained this a thousand times!