From: "Deedra Waters" <dmwaters@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: Talking Gentoo?

> You can't just pull the kernel off the cd and use it, it doesn't work that
way. You need to  build your own kernel to use.

> We have a tool  called genkernel that from how I understand it builds a
kernel with everything you could possibley want into the kernel but it
currently doesn't support speakup in it's base config. Genkernel just got a
new maintainer recently, so speakup will be one of the next things it does
include.

> I think  that I need to stress something again for some of you. Gentoo's
accessibility project is farely new. Meaning I've only been doing this for 3
months at the most, maybe not even that. I have a great developer team of
which John Hood is one, but we've still got a lot to do. If you guys have
more questions, you can subscribe to the gentoo-accessibility mailing list
'gentoo-accessibility-subscribe at lists.gentoo.org' Or come talk to me on
irc.freenode.net in #gentoo-accessibility .