Fedora core 1 verses fedora test release?

I have a new laptop that I have to install linux onto. I noticed that
the test release of fedorea contains gnome 2.6 and the 2.6 curnel. Are
there any stibility issues with the test release of fedora, and will I
have to reinstall to upgrade to the latest stable release or will the
updating tool take care of that? Appreciate any info.