Word Perfect: in memorium

Hi Krister,
You have a valid point. And yet many of us accept the Linux
learning curve. The thing about learning curves is that while the
slope may be a challenge, there is often a plateau to be reached
where hopefully the gain will have been worth the pain.

Chuck

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Krister Ekstrom wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>
> On 19 Mar 2004 19:57:55  (my local time 20 mar 2004 02:57:55), you
> typed::
> CH> In fact one wonders why word processor users don't voluntarily scrap
> CH> those dinosaur applications for the Linux strategy.
>
> Could it be bbecause the learning curve is much steaper? I mean, not
> only do you have to learn a new program, (which in Nanos case is
> rather easy if you stick to basics, i guess), but you'll also have to
> learn the syntax of a markup language,  which can be more or less
> difficult.
> Take me, for example, i want to have tools like menus or in the worst
> case autocompletion because i have a terrible memory for syntax.
> Don't get me wrong, i don't want to diss the Linux strategy of things,
> i just speak for me. As we say in a very roughly translated swedish
> saying: it's hard to teach old dogs to sit.
> --
> /Krister
> crisekstrom at bredband.net
>  Get pgp keys here: mailto:crisekstrom at bredband.net?subject=get_pgp_keys

> gpg: Signature made Sat Apr  3 06:14:35 2004 EST using DSA key ID 8313390B
> gpg: Good signature from "Krister Ekstrom <krister at bonetmail.com>"
> gpg:                 aka "Krister Ekstrom <thecount at gmx.net>"
> gpg:                 aka "Krister Ekstrom <krek at enter.iris.se>"
> gpg:                 aka "Krister Ekstroem <krister at rehab.pi.se>"
> gpg:                 aka "Krister Ekstrom <thecount at mail.bip.net>"
> gpg:                 aka "Krister Ekstrom <krister.ekstrom at swipnet.se>"
> gpg:                 aka "Krister Ekstrom (Not commonly used) <airquake63 at icqmail.com>"
> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: D554 FB2E 50A7 AB9B 7CC1  18BC 3839 497A 8313 390B

- --
The Moon is New
In a world without Fences or Walls no one needs Windows or Gates.
My home page is now at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh