speakup and soft synth?

have an hp laptop with latest kernel, can someone point me to docs on how
to install a soft synth with speakup?
festible or whatever does not make a difference
i know my sound is supported directly by 2.6.3 so that is not an issue
if yasr or something else would work better i am open to configuring that
stuff as well
debian testing distribution is what i am using on the system