Bug in generic module?

Hi guys
 	Just updated to speech dispatcher 0.5rc1 a little while ago and am
noticing a bug in the generic module, which I use to enable software
dectalk and speech dispatcher communicate. Everytime it says something, I
hear:
SPEAK
at the beginning and:
/SPEAK
at the end. This behavior does not exhibit itself with the flite or
festival modules. Anyone else notice this, or is my system just being the
oddball?
THX